Red Hat/Solaris Engineer
Obtaining a Public Trust Clearance is Required
o Public Trust can take 3-8 weeks to obtain; we strongly suggest that candidates not resign in their current position till we have final adjudication notice from the customer.
Background Investigation is required, you must have a current clean financial background.
o Credit check is also performed as part of background process.
Salary up to 125K
Location: Arlington, VA
CLF is a National Recruiting firm whose client is in IMMEDIATE NEED for Red Hat/Solaris Engineer -
Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role also acts as Tier 3 support for operations and can require at times support on weekends, nights, and holidays.
Successful candidate needs to be able to design and engineer complex requirements to existing customer infrastructure in a cost effective manner. Candidate needs to be a subject matter expert and be able to articulate expertly solutions through written or verbal methods. Be able to trouble shoot complex problems quickly and effectively.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - Versions 5, 6
- Must have Oracle / Solaris - Versions 10, 11
- Must have Solaris Zones, Virtualization, high availability, Veritas cluster software (VCS)
- Must have Solaris patching using live upgrade and BigFix Centrify for user authentication
JumpStart & KickStart Solaris hardware; M8000, M5000, T-Series Scripting; PERL, KSH, C-Shell
- Must have Solaris/Linux system hardening for FISMA compliance
- Must have Strong communication skills;
- Able to create operation manuals, processes, SOPs, and speak to client SMEs Strong analytical skills;
- Able to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Must be able to multitask without sacrificing attention to details.
- Able to work effectively with other groups and teams, including leadership, mentoring, training.
- Must be able to come up to speed on new project areas quickly as this role will grow quickly.
- Performance analysis and tuning.
- 7+ years of engineering experience
Strongly suggest that successful candidate has current certifications in all the required skills
Please review the job description closely - this position will consider candidates with a 100% match in the requirements. Please submit your resume.