Senior Instructional Designer
Fantastic Mix of Big City and Urban Environments!
The Community - Arlington, VA
Arlington is an urban county in Virginia, located directly across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C.. With a population of 210,000, yet a land area of only about 26 square miles, Arlington is one of America's mostly densely populated jurisdictions. Despite its density, Arlington mixes the best of both big city and suburban environments. No incorporated towns or cities lie within Arlington County borders; all local government is at the county level. Arlington has seen continual growth as the DC area has continued to grow, even during nation-wide economic downturns. This is mostly due to the large number of employees of the federal government and its contractors.
Department of State Foreign Service Institute
The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the Federal Government's primary training institution for officers and support personnel of the U.S. foreign affairs community, preparing American diplomats and other professionals to advance U.S. foreign affairs interests overseas and in Washington. At the George P. Shultz National Foreign Affairs Training Center, the FSI provides more than 600 courses—including some 70 foreign languages—to more than 100,000 enrollees a year from the State Department and more than 40 other government agencies and the military service branches.
Education and Professional Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years instructional design experience plus MS/MA (or higher) in relevant field, with proven ability in designing a variety of training applications for a broad array of delivery methods (e.g., blended, eLearning, simulations, mobile).
- Proven expertise serving as instructional designer of eLearning courses or projects that demonstrate sound instructional principles, strategies and techniques and are SCORM and Section 508 compliant.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Expert/s (SME) to conduct needs/audience analysis, develop training objectives and course/product outline, design course/product content, and assessment items. This includes compiling and organizing information, and writing and editing instructional materials to adapt classroom-based courseware and products, reference documents, and raw materials into clear, effective, interactive eLearning training.
- Proven experience in writing, reviewing, and editing storyboards. Highly skilled in detail-oriented documentation, with significant abilities in communicating with Government Project Managers, SME, and development team members in tactful manner, as well as providing written feedback to Government Project Manager and clients.
- Proven experience coordinating a project development team and providing appropriate levels of support, coaching and influencing the design and development team.
- Ability to conduct needs assessment and evaluation studies.
- Significant experience with distributed learning applications, interface usability, Section 508 accessibility, SCORM, learning management systems, and integration of media into web#based training applications, including training interface with learning management system Learn.com.
- Familiarity with industry standard and USG web/mobile development policies and standards preferred.
- Significant, proven experience as a member of a team and a team leader; positive interpersonal skills and a customer-service orientation, particularly with clients from a wide variety of cultures.
- Experience in blending learning design.
- Experience in mobile instructional design.
- Experience in gaming and/or simulations.
- Experience with eLearning COTS products.
- Experience with epublishing.
- Experience integrating social media applications for educational purposes.
- Knowledge of foreign language learning applications.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.