Federal Mission Analytics Data Analyst
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges
Federal Practice - Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte Consulting's dynamic Federal Practice based in Washington D.C. and the surrounding Metropolitan area has opportunities for you to become part of their high-quality team that delivers innovative solutions to key Federal clients in financial management, business process improvement, strategy and operations, information systems development, package implementation, enterprise transformation, business process and applications outsourcing, and a full range of human capital advisory services.
Federal Mission Analytics Data Analyst
Individual will be a key contributor on a Mission Analytic team supporting an analytic effort focused on the production of Intelligence Mission Data (IMD) across the range of production centers.
This practitioner will support the effort through the application of automated and semi-automated techniques to gather and clean data from disparate databases, making it suitable for analysis; and loading the transformed data into a structure suitable for the client problem and our tailored analytic approaches.
Individual will execute quantitative analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data to assess contextual and spatial/temporal relationships.
Individual will work in a small team environment to conceptualize, design, develop, and execute advanced analytics, e.g. algorithms in SPSS, R, Excel, and other tools as required by the client’s problem and environment.
Will likely contribute to the design and development of visualizations tailored to the advanced analytics and the client’s decision problem.
Effort will include collection and analysis of qualitative performance data looking at processes and procedures used to develop and deliver products within each of the IMD disciplines, starting with Electronic Warfare Integrated Reprograming (EWIR) and including Electronic Orders of Battle (EOB).
- Programming languages: Expertise with one or more of the following: SQL; Python; R; VBA
- Microsoft Excel – expert proficiency as demonstrated by at minimum strong pivot table use and complex macros; some VBA is a plus but not required
- Advanced Data Analytics Skills. Familiarity / expertise on existing production centers would be very desirable
- Familiarity with electronic warfare, TECHELINT, or OPELINT also very desirable
- Vis tools: Tableau; Qlikview; Spotfire; Cognos 8, BI Authoring and modeling; Cognos CRN
- Stats packages such as SPSS (modeler, statistics, text analytics); STATA; or SAS; MATLAB
5+ years of experience with the following:
- Strong analytical skills (use of Microsoft Excel, Macros and/or Access to analyze data)
- Strong presentation development and writing skills (e.g., proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to facilitate client meetings and workshops to define client processes and needs
- Ability to lead small teams to complete a project
- Strong written and oral skills required
- Experience in one of the following areas: Statistical Analysis, Strategic Management, or Data Analysis/Reporting
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Psychology (I/O Psychology, Sociology, Information Technology, or Hard Sciences with a focus on research and analysis
- Top Secret/SCI required
As used in this document, “Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.