CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Administrative Assistant 4
- Acting on own initiative, this position will perform administrative support for a senior executive in a fast-paced, demanding, C-suite executive office.
- Accurately and professionally handles multiple simultaneous high priority issues.
- Organizes and maintains calendars – arranging, coordinating and prioritizing scheduling and logistics.
- Ensures executive is on time for meetings, aware of schedule and changes, uses good judgment on handling urgent issues and interruptions.
- Provides professional visitor greeting, telephone and email coverage – accurate message-taking, redirecting calls and emails with warm hand-offs where appropriate, and resolving routine and non-routine inquiries.
- Drives priorities and critical items through task lists and manages short-term and long-term schedules.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and a thorough knowledge of the business and organization to prioritize advanced level executive administrative work.
- Tasks and assignment require working with a high degree of confidential information and using good judgment in decision-making.
- Assignments generally require extensive knowledge of department, business unit and company practices, policies, programs and product lines.
- Accurately and efficiently conducts normal administrative tasks such as processing expense reports, invoice processing, supply orders, meal arrangements, office files, etc. and uses general office equipment.
- Responsible for complex and detailed travel arrangements for executive and other team members including but not limited to hotel accommodations, airline reservations, ground transportation, on-site and off-site meeting venues, and any other travel needs.
- Arranges internal and external meetings to include all facets of meeting prep - track responses to meeting requests, prepare and distribute meeting materials, arrange all necessary technology including web and video conferencing, liaison with outside parties to manage appointments and meetings outside the office, etc.
- Prepare agenda, presentations, and correspondence for leadership meetings, board meetings, and other activities as needed.
- Handles high volume of customer calls and emails, ensures action and follow-up for customer needs.
- May draft, proof and prepare correspondence on behalf of executive.
- Professional daily contact with C-suite executives and administrative staff.
- Ensures cross-training of other administrative staff for back-up support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience, preferably in a senior executive level support role
- Associates degree or equivalent in education and experience, Bachelors degree preferred
- Proven ability to succeed in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Understanding of general business concepts
- Excellent organizational skills with focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft office products – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with other electronic and web-based systems (such as SAP and Concur) to process invoices, travel arrangements, etc.
- Proven ability to anticipate needs and proactively prepare for foreseeable events and issues
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a diversified workload, meeting established deadlines with minimal supervision
- Good judgment, tact and initiative to make effective independent decisions when necessary
- Resourceful and able to maintain composure in high pressure situations
- Maintain a strong sense of urgency; be proactive & self-directed, and have a positive attitude
- Schedule flexibility – including frequent overtime (perhaps with little or no notice) and occasional travel.
Alternate Location: US-Virgina-Arlington
Requisition #: 119440
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/¬
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, ‚€œprotected statuses‚€). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.¬ Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.