Instructional Games Designer
Fantastic Mix of Big City and Urban Environments!
The Community - Arlington, VA
Arlington is an urban county in Virginia, located directly across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C.. With a population of 210,000, yet a land area of only about 26 square miles, Arlington is one of America's mostly densely populated jurisdictions. Despite its density, Arlington mixes the best of both big city and suburban environments. No incorporated towns or cities lie within Arlington County borders; all local government is at the county level. Arlington has seen continual growth as the DC area has continued to grow, even during nation-wide economic downturns. This is mostly due to the large number of employees of the federal government and its contractors.
Department of State Foreign Service Institute
The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the Federal Government's primary training institution for officers and support personnel of the U.S. foreign affairs community, preparing American diplomats and other professionals to advance U.S. foreign affairs interests overseas and in Washington. At the George P. Shultz National Foreign Affairs Training Center, the FSI provides more than 600 courses—including some 70 foreign languages—to more than 100,000 enrollees a year from the State Department and more than 40 other government agencies and the military service branches.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years instructional design experience plus degree in Instructional Design or related field, with proven, demonstrable ability in designing games for instruction for academic, military, and/or government audiences.
- Ability to develop a gaming theme, stories, use game mechanics, and design an overall game workflow and interactive elements.
- Expertise serving as instructional designer demonstrating sound instructional principles, strategies and techniques.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Expert/s (SME) to conduct needs/audience analysis, develop training objectives and outlines, design content, and assessment items.
- Skilled in detail-oriented documentation, with significant abilities in communicating with Government Project Managers, SME, and development team members in tactful manner, as well as providing feedback to Government Project Manager and clients.
- Proven experience as a member of a team, positive interpersonal skills and a customer-service orientation, particularly with clients.
- Demonstrable experience in gaming and/or simulations critical.
- Experience in blending learning design desired.
- Experience with eLearning COTS products valued.
- Experience with ePublishing valued.
- Experience integrating social media applications for educational purposes valued.
- Knowledge of foreign language learning applications valued.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.