FDH Velocitel has earned a superior reputation for delivering innovative, high-quality services to the telecommunications and heavy civil markets. We are the leading provider of structural engineering services in North America for the wireless industry; structural engineering and installation services for the broadcast industry; RF services in the North American wireless industry. We believe our success is directly linked to the knowledge and experience of our talented staff.
Work with fabulous people: FDH Velocitel provides a team approach to research and problem solving within each practice group. This approach provides a deeper sense of involvement and dedication. FDH Velocitel has employee-driven committees that seek to engage all employees in the company?s social activities and local outreach services. Among the many social activities, every first Thursday, FDH Velocitel hosts a Re-boot event for all employees to mingle and enjoy appetizers and drinks.
Enjoy great benefits: FDH Velocitel provides a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental, and vision, and a 401(k) plan with company match. Flexible time off plans that encourage our employees to have a healthy work/life balance. Wellness education and activities are promoted throughout the year.
Become the next generation?s leader: FDH Velocitel provides a Professional Development Program that offers tuition reimbursement, seminars, conferences, and internal training opportunities.
FDH Velocitel is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
The Design Support Specialist (DSS) assist in the design of Small Cell and DAS systems using IBwave and small cell predictions tools like Atoll. The DSS also assists in the post processing of RF measurement data using Windcatcher or similar tools.
- Create 3D models of buildings in iBwave using CD?s and other drawings.
- Prepare iBwave design by creating preliminary design with guidance from the Engineer.
- Create photo simulations using graphic programs such as Photoshop.
- Enter node configurations for small cell in preparation for Small Cell designs
- Run predictions for small cell and DAS designs.
- Create report output from iBwave and Atoll as needed
- Post process CW, Benchmark and RF Measurement data using Windcatcher
- Support in Technicians and Engineers in the field
- Any other functions assigned by management.
- High School Graduate with 2 years? experience in CAD; Associate Degree in CAD preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office suite: Excel, Word, Power Point
- Experienced in Visio, Photoshop or similar software
CERTIFICATES, LICENSURES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be able to function in a fast pace office environment, multi task, effectively deal with in house personnel, good reading and math comprehension with attention to details.
- Must have strong understanding of CAD and is able to translate drawings to create 3D models.
- Ability to adopt to new software
- Typical office physical requirements ? sitting, walking, computer work, filing, etc.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs of weight.
- Must be able to walk for long durations while performing walks tests while carrying a backpack and computer.
- Ability to work outdoors in high locations (rooftops)
- Most of the time work in a typical office environment (not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions).
- Work outdoors or indoors while assisting or performing RF measurement tests or conducting site surveys.