Location: Northern Virginia/DC Metro area
Aptima is a fast-paced, employee-focused small business that excels in finding solutions to complex problems in human-centered engineering. Aptima currently has an opening for an experienced software engineer to help develop advanced user interfaces and big-data analytics for a revolutionary cyber defense platform in Arlington Virginia, one block away from the Ballston Metro stop. In this position, you will:
- Collaborate with team members to implement analytics for a large-scale web-based application
- Develop simulation methods and systems based upon the implemented analytics
- Contribute to code base and schema for analytics framework to ensure rapid development and implementation of new analytics
- Contribute design ideas to the front-end development team in order to best visualize analysis results
- B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Minimum of five years of experience performing data analysis on large data sets in a team environment
- Experience performing data analysis using Python
- Experience applying existing and deriving new analytics from existing structured data
- Experience with Graph analysis
- Strong analytical, problem identification, and reporting skills
- Proven track record of innovative technical contribution
- Excellent communication skills
- U.S citizenship
The ideal candidate will have experience and proficiency with:
- M.S or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Seven plus years of experience performing data analysis on large data sets in a team environment
- Experience developing Python applications
- Experience working with Software Development design patterns
- Experience developing, debugging, and performance testing multi-threaded applications
- Experience with Graph Databases (Blazegraph, Neo4J, or TitanDB
- Strong understanding of Cyber Security principles and Network architecture.
- Rapid prototyping and Agile development methods
- Design, development, and application of machine learning algorithms and big-data analytics
All applicants must be willing to work onsite at a customer site in Arlington, Virginia, Monday through Friday (no telecommuting or compressed schedules).
All applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED
Job Posted by ApplicantPro