The Sr. Data Warehouse Architect role is to support implementation and ongoing maintenance of Rosetta Stone s data warehousing and business intelligence solution. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices related to the design, development, and deployment of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with expert level Oracle Database, Informatica (ETL), DAC, SQL and PL/SQL experience who is looking for a challenging, fast paced work environment. Experience with Oracle BI Applications is required and Tableau experience is a plus.
Works as a member of the Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence team. Responsible for the development, maintenance and support of EDW to source enterprise and departmental reporting and executive dashboards. Translates business intelligence metrics into EDW business requirements; identifies data sources; assists in the design of dimensional data models and physical databases; develops ETL; and ensures data accuracy. Develops code to summarize data and calculate metrics. Troubleshoots and tunes existing data warehouse / business intelligence applications.
Demonstrates expertise in a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs additional tasks as assigned. Assists in establishing data warehouse development and usage standards. Provides direction and guidance to less experienced team members. Long term, responsible for implementation of an enterprise data warehouse based on the strategic goals set by executive management.
- Responsible for design, development and maintenance of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to source BI Applications that support enterprise and departmental reporting and executive dashboards.
- Interacts with IT professionals and business departments not limited to Accounting, Finance, Sales and Marketing, assessing needs in data warehousing and providing data information.
- Translates Business Intelligence metrics into EDW business requirements, identifies data sources, designs dimensional data models and physical databases, develops ETL, tunes existing data warehouse, troubleshoots and ensures data accuracy.
- Provides direction and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Collaborates with appropriate individuals to analyze hardware and software interfaces and implement recommendations for optimizing system s resource usage.
- Regularly evaluate ETL processes and make recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Responsible for nightly updates, data quality, data integrity, data availability in Data Warehouse.
- Must have flexibility for ad-hoc requests (detail and summary) to support Business Users.
- 8+ years of experience working in IT Team.
- 3+ years of experience working as Data Warehouse Architect.
- 5+ years of experience on ETL methodology using Informatica and designing Databases and Data Models using Oracle.
- Collaborates with Database and System Admins to analyze hardware and software interfaces and - implement recommendations for optimizing system s resource usage.
- Experience working with public companies that practice SOX compliance.
- Experience working on multiple environments and implementing change control practices.
- Prepares and maintains documents for Data Warehouse and ETL mappings.
- Experience working with or leading (offshore) ETL developers team.
- Experience with shell scripting in Linux environment.
- Experience with preparing execution plans using Oracle DAC (Data Warehouse Administration Console).
- Experience with optimization or performance tuning of ETL Jobs, SQL, PL/SQL, Databases and depending BI Applications.
- Must be familiar with implementing security for Databases.
- Experience with installation of Informatica in Linux environment.