As Team Lead oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between PM, and staff and the client. Reviews status of tasks, projects and manages schedules, and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Manages staff and provides direction to them on work products. Provides career coaching and mentoring as needed.
Seeking a Team Lead to join our team in Arlington, VA. Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret Clearance or higher.
This senior analyst will provide strategic policy support to senior leadership in the CS&C; Office of Strategic Communications and will serve as the team lead for five staff who provide program management and communications support to CS&C.;
The CS&C; Office of Strategic Communication promotes cyber security awareness among and within the general public and key communities, maintains relationships with governmental cyber security professionals to share information about cyber security initiatives, and develops partnerships to promote collaboration on cyber security issues. As part of its role, Strategic Communication works closely with other CS&C; programs to ensure that the public and key stakeholders are aware of the efforts and activities CS&C; conducts in support of cyber security.
Strategic Communication is organized into functional areas, including Public Affairs, Awareness, Stakeholder Engagement, and Policy.
Candidate will be responsible for managing that team supporting internal and external strategic communications efforts for the DHS Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C;) External Affairs team.
Individual and team responsibilities may include:
- Assembles, prepares, and analyzes data; presents data in briefing and other formats to clients.
- Conducts analysis of information in primary business area of expertise.
- Coordinates with project manager or task lead to plan and design the analysis and then execute the plan.
- Develops messaging, talking points, marketing materials, and web content in support of the CS&C; mission.
- Proficient written communications skills.
- Provides input or may prepare technical reports/briefings based on the expert interpretation of analyzed data.
- Provides support to DHS Office of Cybersecurity and Communications External Affairs.
- Provides technical advice, operating assistance and counsel to clients in respective areas of expertise.
- Support CS&C; internal communications efforts like crafting blogs for internal SharePoint site, drafting messages from leadership, and coordinating and executing internal All Hands meetings.
- Thorough legislative, policy, and legal research skills. Basic understanding of cybersecurity preferred but not required.
- Uses technical discretion within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for determining approaches or obtaining solutions.
- Adjusts rapidly to shifts in priorities and manages multiple tasks simultaneously that may include staff support relating to current operations.
- Applies a depth of knowledge, skills, and abilities to research and conducts process analysis and studies.
- Assembles, prepares, and analyzes data in respective business area; presents analysis/data to client in support of statement of work.
- Documents requirements based on design, cross-functional integration, feasibility studies, and functional process specifications.
- Produces and/or reviews substantive and/or complex documentation reflecting detailed knowledge of functional areas as identified in the statement of work.
- Serves as functional domain analytic expert in areas relevant to a particular project.
- Develop solutions to problems and prepare products according to customer requirements.
- Performs evaluation of alternatives and assessment of risks and costs.
- Brief analysis results and recommendations to executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Organize meetings, compile results and document processes endorsed by the customer and the user community.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Writing and editing skills required.
- May provide support to web content updates.
- May performs 508 compliance on materials going on the DHS.gov website
- Manages content for the CS&C; SharePoint page.
Candidate must be familiar with DHS Office for Cyber Security and Communications programs and structure. The candidate shall have excellent oral and written communications skills, along with an attention to detail and quality, and be able to demonstrate experience in interacting with senior government officials. Flexibility and personal initiative are key to being successful in this position.
CSRA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.