Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is wholly owned by Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader. For more information, visit www.bna.com.
Bloomberg BNA seeks an Associate Accounting Editor to under general supervision, perform complex analysis and writing of accounting materials for assigned publication(s). Edit and maintain existing content, and monitor and develop new content for related resource center. Assist with quality control review of resource center. Edit manuscripts and update portfolios, as needed.
- Identify, analyze and draft content related to basic to moderately complex accounting developments for inclusion in accounting resource centers.
- Edit relevant accounting materials, including manuscripts/portfolios, stories, reports, and databases for accuracy, content and style, to ensure that quality standards of accounting resource center and assigned products are met.
- Maintain subject area knowledge related to unit's resource center and products, including current awareness of issues and developments in the field. Assist with unit's editorial operations in the absence of the managing editor.
- Assist with marketing projects and sales calls related to accounting products, as needed.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
2+ years experience in business, finance or accounting-related writing or journalism and/or professional experience in an accounting related position is desirable; ability to use electronic research methods effectively; demonstrated judgment and ability to obtain primary source data, edit and update Portfolios, Trackers, Navigators, and other material for content and style quickly and under deadline pressure; basic knowledge of subject area(s) covered by assigned publication(s); general knowledge of writing style rules; ability to work effectively with other staff members; ability to use BBNA publishing systems effectively with training; excellent organizational skills; excellent proof reading skills; Bachelor s degree required with coursework in accounting or finance or equivalent experience.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA s authoritative coverage spans the full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.