CSRA is seeking an Enterprise Service Delivery Manager to fill a key position on it's Infrastructure Services Contract. This resource will provide management and technical direction to 300+ technical resources supporting over 20 different technology stacks, in support of 5 technical task areas (Data Center Operations, Client Services, Security, Engineering, and Development Engineering Labs). The candidate must have a minimum of 8 years of IT Service Management experience, with a focus on delivering technical solutions to an organization of similar size and scope.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
CSRA provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. CSRA supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas.
Essential Job Functions
- Service Delivery Management over two complex data center locations that support all classes of servers, storage, databases, networking, applications, and security.
- Demonstrated experience managing mainframe and Physical and logical server security, Disaster recovery failover, business continuity, and Batch job scheduling in mainframe and distributed (i.e., Windows and Unix) operating system environments.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex server environments containing over 500 physical servers that host over 2,000 virtual servers.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing server consolidation and virtualization efforts on Windows, Solaris, and Red Hat Linux in a production operational environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing enterprise class storage across server technologies (e.g., Windows, Solaris, Red Hat, VMware) implementing operational best practices, provisioning standards, and storage migrations and optimizations.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing ITIL standards and processes in a large, highly available, dynamic data center operation.
- Demonstrated experience managing a 7x24 major incident management command center that monitors a national service and manages faults and failures proactively and reactively.
- Demonstrated experience managing IBM mainframe with z/OS Operating System.
- Demonstrated experience translating between business requirements and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with systems engineering in the context of a large, complex infrastructure.
- Experience installing, configuring, and migrating at least one of the core technology stacks (Storage, Compute, Network)
- Hands on experience performing - troubleshooting, performance tuning, capacity planning, user management, client communication across multiple technology platforms.
- Managing the relationship with key business customers, developing an understanding of their business needs and priorities, and delivering software solutions that meet those business needs.
- Providing input to the Product Owner/Business Sponsor on the product strategy and vision, and giving feedback on the content and prioritization of the Product Backlog.
- Being available to provide advice and assistance to teams on technical difficulties that arise in the course of doing their work
- Identifying issues to teams that they might overlook, such as scalability, performance, or security.
- Providing mentorship, career development advice, skills development and training, and overall guidance to team members and Supervisors.
- Leading the recruitment and hiring of new team members, with the active involvement and input of existing team members
- Detail oriented and must be able to think independently
- Presentation skills to present details to senior technology management team
- Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan
- Skill in using analysis, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to challenges
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
- Ability to manage high pressure escalations from both client and CSRA management team as necessary
- Clearly articulate the technical issues and other relevant details to both CSRA and client during major incident management calls