(202)818-0966 1111 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA 22202 firstname.lastname@example.org
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, School of Business Washington, DC
Master of Science, Finance GPA: 3.6 August 2016
PURDUE UNIVERSITY, Krannert School of Management West Lafayette, IN
Bachelor of Science, Accounting GPA: 3.5 May 2014
Fixed-Income Security Valuation, Real Estate Finance, Advanced Financial Econometrics, Derivatives, Financial Statement Analysis, Probability Models, Investment Analysis & Global Portfolio, Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions Modeling, Business Statistics, Financial Engineering, Cases in Financial Modeling
FJ CAPITAL MANAGEMENT McLean, VA
Hedge Fund Analyst, Capital Market Research May 2015 – June 2016
- Liquidity Research – Measured and researched liquidity of a portfolio with $513 million AUM, analyzed block trades by comparing ADTV and Days to Sell, and discussed results with traders to seek investment strategies.
- Compliance Risk – Modeled an Excel template to find positions with more than 5% ownership change by checking trading record and position tracking sheet with broker’s filing report for quarterly 13F filing.
- Modeling – Built up Pro Forma models to estimate IRRs with various multiples and PTBV, analyzed 10-Q and 10-K of public banks to make key assumptions, and compared the company valuation with sell side model.
- Industry Analysis – Performed in depth quantitative analysis on US banking and thrift sector, analyzed US global indices and economic indicators, and drafted chart for monthly marketing letter.
- Presentation Report – Compared major KPI standards and risk measurements to monitor main fund’s monthly performance, updated monthly presentation and investor letters.
MACQUARIE CAPITAL Hong Kong
Summer Analyst, Investment Banking July 2013 - August 2013
- Valuation – Facilitated a HK$1.6 billion real estate IPO by analyzing financial statements and forecasting operational performance based on Comparable Analysis, DCF Approach, and Asia’s macroeconomic fundamentals.
- Research – Investigated property portfolios for 9 HK public real estate developers and compiled a detailed report for global meeting and external clients.
- Marketing – Appraised properties, summarized asset highlights and generated transaction comp sheet to compose teasers and pitch books for potential M&A deals with mainland insurers and institutional property owners in Europe.
- Data Consolidation – Collected and summarized capital market news and updated weekly REIT comp sheet with Bloomberg terminal in order to enhance team efficiency.
SHENWAN SECURITIES & MITSUBISHI UFJ FUND MANAGEMENT Shanghai, China
Research Analyst, Investment Research June 2013 – July 2013
- Modeling – Developed empirical evidence for the impact of 10% turnover rate on a 5-year stock portfolio, which supported in- house research. Utilized functions to test portfolio performance under various earning indices in Excel as part of the quantitative method research.
CREDIT SUISSE Shanghai, China
Summer Analyst, Fixed Income June 2011 – August 2011
- Data Analytics - Researched China’s top 5 tourism corporations and analyzed their business operations to compose the qualitative investment memo for tourism-related investor.
Community: Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity, External Relations Committee Chair, West Lafayette, IN; Exploratory Studies Program, Student Ambassador, West Lafayette, IN
Volunteer: Congresswoman Grace Meng’s Campaign, Lead Summer Volunteer; IMF Annual Spring Meeting, Volunteer; BoilerOut! Program, International Volunteer
Global View: Mandarin, English
Technology: MS Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), VBA, R, MATLAB, SAS, Python, SQL
Database: Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, SNL, FactSet
Qualification: CFA Level I candidate