Richard J. Capitan
2600 Ft Scott Dr Mobile: 703-409-5971
Arlington, VA 22202 firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Qualifications
24 years of experience with the last 11 years in U.S. Federal Government contracting positions including business development vice president, business development consultant, project manager, and project controls manager. Recent responsibilities have focused on leading the business development effort for 2 new companies under the NOVA Corporation, Business Vice President for Artel, LLC and with Parsons Mission Critical facilities & systems sector in a Vice president role. Significant Business development & marketing experience in DoD mission critical IT infrastructure and communications market, including, terrestrial and satellite communications, network operations centers, and data center infrastructure. Effective in business development, project pursuit, capture management, technical project management, business/market planning, budget planning. Well versed in managing bid and proposal activities. An exemplary Military background as an Intelligence Officer, Infantry Officer and instructor in the United States Marine Corps, retiring this summer as a drilling reservist at the Marine Corps Intelligence Activity, Quantico, VA. Proven leadership, management, organizational and communication skills. Clearance: Active TS/SCI clearance with previous CI/Full Scope poly.
NOVA Corporation, Columbia MD 2013 to present
Business Development Director
Business development director responsible for building business for the Dine Development Corporation family of companies focused on DoD customers. Business Development support provided across NOVA Corporation, DDC IT Services and DDC Data Center Construction Services. DDC companies focus on IT Program Management, Network Engineering, Cyber security, Data Center O&M, Data Center design and construction services. Dine Development Corporation/DDC is a holding company for the Navajo Nation.
Consultant 2012- 2013
Senior All-Source Analyst Reston VA
Consultnet/Future Point Systems
All Source Intelligence Analyst at the Counter-IED Operations Intelligence Center (COIC) using a variety of tools and collection systems in support of DoD theater and tactical Intelligence operations targeting enemy networks. Conducted Social Network analysis using Palantir and Analyst Notebook, fused with Google Earth/ ArcGIS and other tools to manipulate large, disparate data sets. Worked with Intelligence Analysis systems and organizations to streamline data acquisition and delivery process. Utilized all-source Intelligence disciplines to develop complex analysis products for specific support requirements.
Business Development & Capture Consultant, Vienna VA
Deep Water Point
Business Development, capture and operations consultant for clients supporting DoD & Intelligence Community Clients. Provided capture process, pipeline development & gate review process support.
Used Shipley methods and framework for client support; providing a 5 year business planning and pursuit development pipeline application to map out near and long term capture pursuits and objectives.
Working with Hardware, IT, Intelligence Analysis, Communications and Project Management clients.
Artel LLC, Reston VA 2011- 2012
Business Development Vice President
Hired to build, organize and lead a new business development team to include hiring additional business development managers to support 3 Artel business units. Reports to the president of Artel as a member of the senior executive staff where responsibilities focus on building a 5 year pipeline of business and developing/executing the company growth strategy and business plans. Business development and marketing lead for Artel in a separate Joint Venture with Boeing to design service offerings and provide a new global Ka band satcom service to DoD on the Inmarsat 5 satellite constellation. Lead business forecast and data presentation to perspective buyers in 2 rounds of acquisition due diligence over 3 months.
- Directs, administers, coordinates, maintains, and controls all business development activities for ARTEL. Analyzes marketing accounts/customers and maintains up-to-date knowledge of assigned customer plans, programs, and program funding, as well as DOD funding actions that may impact ARTEL.
- · Devises business development strategy that integrates corporate strengths and discriminators.
- · Experienced working with various organizations at SOCOM, PACOM, AFRICOM, and CENTCOM.
- Develops detailed marketing and capture plans. Prepares required summaries of business development and marketing activities for senior staff. Responsible for the annual B & P budget for the business development area.
- Artel/Boeing JV: Artel’s lead responsible for specific DoD marketing plans and developing satcom service offerings.
Parsons Infrastructure & Technology, Inc., Wash DC 2008-2011
Business Development Vice President Mission Critical Facilities & Systems
Business development Vice President supporting Parsons Mission Critical sector’s capture efforts focused on DoD, and Intelligence Community related energy and infrastructure projects.
- · BD lead responsible for the planning, identification and pursuit of renewable energy, ESPC/UESCs, smartgrid/microgrid power systems and data centers projects for the DoD and IC markets.
- · Experienced in large design/build RFI/proposal preparation and management; proposal budget management, prospect assessment opportunity shaping techniques and technical data research
- · Well versed in large infrastructure capture planning and stakeholder engagement process, technical presentation preparation/briefings.
- · Directly responsible for producing detailed account plans, project status briefings, and business forecasts
- · Managed over $100 k for specialized consultants supporting business pursuits
- · Experience with 3rd party finance models and the government EUL approaches for energy projects
Bechtel National, Inc., Wash D.C. 2006-2008
Marketing & Business Development Manager/U.S. Government
Business Development lead responsible group marketing and strategic efforts focused on DoD, Intelligence Community DHS and BRAC related physical infrastructure engineering, procurement and construction pursuits.
- · Responsible for evaluating, developing and screening large comms projects, data center design/build construction projects for DoD and other clients.
- · Experienced in RFI/RFP/Proposal preparation, budget management, prospect assessment opportunity shaping techniques and technical data research
- · Led client engagement process, capture management, presentation preparation and technical/financial sales data
- · Directly responsible for producing detailed account plans, prospect briefings, and sales forecasts
- Managed specialized consultants supporting business pursuits
EDS, Engineering & Integration Group, Herndon, VA 2002 - 2006 National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, EDS Program Manager/Program Controls Lead
Project controls lead for the NGA Information Assurance Services program management team responsible for reporting performance on budget and schedule and cost monitoring.
- · Responsible for $15 million program financial performance on a highly technical, performance based network defense project at NGA using MS Project and Primavera
- · Produces weekly and monthly metrics reporting on performance and execution of program to the government client on a Cost Plus Award Fee contract for 100 personnel
- · Directly responsible for planning and managing budget activity for program functional leads
- · Cost control/program financial management awarded 100 % award fee in first 6 months of contract award fee period
- EDS project manager responsible for growing EIG business area, financial reporting, and personnel performance
National Counterterrorism Center, EDS Program Mgr, Sr. Analyst/Foreign Liaison Officer
Assigned to NCTC Analysis & Production Group as a Foreign Liaison Officer. Primarily responsible for NCTC relationship with UK Joint Terrorism Analysis Center along with other European CT partners (GE, NL, ESP, FR).
- · Supported developing organizational and transition plan as Directorate of Intelligence member
- Integral member developing NCTC Foreign liaison office policies, procedures and responsibilities
- Worked closely with CTC, NSA, FBI and JTF-CT on various foreign partner CT issues
- Responsibilities included meeting with foreign liaison in both US and overseas locations
- Prepared analytical pieces and briefings for exchange with foreign liaison, coordinated/conducted analytical exchanges with foreign liaison
- Developed new CT relationships with foreign partners and maintained area expertise on CT issues throughout Europe
- Well versed in desk officer functions related to foreign liaison and CT analysis activities
- Experienced in cable writing; utilized NCTC on Line, and other Agency data bases to support liaison activities.
Joint Task Force – Global Network Operations, Senior Intelligence Analyst
Senior Intelligence Analyst/Collections manager, responsible for producing technical Intelligence products related to computer network operations and in support of GWOT.
- · Responsible for producing and coordinating computer network operations (CNO) intelligence analytical products
- · Worked with CNO organizations throughout the IC, Federal/DoD Law Enforcement, DHS, DOE, Department of State, Foreign partners, commercial security firms and with U.S. Universities.
- Prepared various technical collection plans for DoD network security threats
- Experienced in computer forensics to include FTK and ENCASE tools
United States Marine Corps, National Security Agency 2001 – 2002 Counterterrorism Product Line, Senior Analyst/Watch Officer Mobilized to active duty to support Counter Terrorism SIGINT operations after 9/11as a senior analyst and watch officer at NSA. Supervised and supported the collection, analysis and dissemination of various time sensitive SIGINT CT products and operations.
Directly represented the NSA CT product-line during HVT targeting meetings during combat ops in Afghanistan.
- · Directly supported other CT focused analytical and operational elements of NSA, CIA, DOD, FBI, and DHS with time-sensitive/high-visibility products and briefings dealing with GWOT.
- · Selected to deploy to GTMO to establish the NSA liaison office to support detainee SIGINT exploitation; supervised the stand-up of connectivity to NSA and the developed the conops for exploiting SIGINT related information derived from detainee interrogations.
- · Continued to support the NSA CT division as a USMC reservist from Dec. 2002 until Aug. 2003.
- · Currently USMC Drilling Reservist with NSA’s CT shop.
The Boeing Company
Systems Analyst, Missile Defense Program 2001
Provided system engineering support to command and control segment of NMD.
- · Responsible for evaluating the operational design and performance of missile defense command/control/communication systems with respect to user requirements and government specs.
- Produced various reports and systems engineering briefs on specific program metrics with respect to design, cost, and scheduling. Managed network and intelligence requirements for respective integrated project teams.
United States Marine Corps Officer
Intelligence Officer/Infantry Officer, Reserve & Active Duty/Retired 1988 - 2013
Supported time sensitive tactical and national Intelligence analysis and collection requirements. Recalled to active duty to NSA Counter terrorism shop from 2001-2002. Plans officer experience at MCIA National Intelligence Support Plans group and for supporting Joint Intelligence operations including counter drug Ops. Military instructor with over 1500 hours of classroom instruction in IPB, LIC, analysis, and collection. Lead Intel training teams to Canada and Spain. Infantry Regiment and Battalion Intelligence Officer responsible for tactical Intel analysis and planning. Unit Intelligence officer for multiple deployments and training ops involving jungle, desert and urban operations. Assignments included Infantry officer, platoon commander and executive officer. Weapons platoon commander in Desert Shield/Storm. Currently a drilling Reservist at the USMC Intelligence Activity/MCIA, Quantico, VA.
Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, PA 1988
Bachelor of Arts, Government
Troy State University, Norfolk, VA In Progress
Masters of Science, IT Management/16 Credits
Clearance: Active TS/SCI badge with NGA, previous NSA and CIA access